Strategic Support for the Development of Sustainable QA Structures at the Newly Public Founded University in Kosova, University of Prizren
Project title: Strategic Support for the Development of Sustainable QA Structures at the Newly Public Founded University in Kosova, University of Prizren no. 517482
Project duration: 15/10/2011-14/10/2014
• Osnabrueck University of Applied Sciences, Germany
• University of Prizren, Kosova
• University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
• University of Girona, Spain
• Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
• WUS Kosova, Kosova
• Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of Kosova
• Kosovo Accreditation Agency, Kosova
• WUS Austria, Austria
Project Description: The wider project objective is to provide strategic support to the newly established public university in Kosova, University of Prizren (UPPz), in establishing the framework for QA at all university levels, including capacity building for ensuring its ongoing sustainability. Thus, the project aims to support UPPZ in adapting and implementing Standards and Guidelines for QA in the EHEA and on achieving objectives of Bologna process, Strategy of Higher Education in Kosova for the period 2005-2015, Kosova Education Strategic Plan 2011-2016, Europe 2020 Strategy, as well as the Strategic framework for EU cooperation in education and training (2020).
Specific project objectives:
• To develop a QA Strategy in line with the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area;
• To support the university management structures;
• To provide capacity building through the development of training modules for teaching and administrative staff;
• To support the establishment of Student Support Services;
• To strengthen the information technology system.
The main project beneficiary is University of Prizren in Kosova, which addresses to all the levels of the institutions: management, academic and administrative staff, students, companies and other local relevant stakeholders.
Funded by: European Commission through 4th Call TEMPUS IV (EACEA N° 32/2010)
Project link: www.qauppz.net